Thursday, November 29, 2012

The joys of marriage

Thursday, November 29, 2012
I recently discovered the joys of marriage. I'd like to share a few.

Handyman, cook, best friend all in one: my husband.

No need to shave my legs more than once a week because he doesn't care and despite of what we may see in the movies our passionate love making doesn't include him running his hands up and down my legs.  Side note: Shave your legs at least once a week though.

Knowing that I am no longer alone and that there's someone who loves me unconditionally other than my immediate family . . . at least for the time being.

Someone to discuss bowel movements with . . . this is what my husband does and I have no choice but to listen but now he thinks I am the best listener.  Yay me!

Pillow talk . . . this is probably my favorite.

Compromise and negotiation.  Growing up my parents dictated the rules and I followed them.  I tried to negotiate once but my dad caught on that I wasn't trying to keep up my end of the bargain and all negotiations were terminated.  My hubby hasn't caught on yet . . . sneaky, sneaky me but he thinks I'm cute so I'm good . . . for now.

I make up random celebrations ie: day-versaries, monthaversaries etc. etc.

I've learned that even though I consider V a good husband for a number of reasons, he's kind, he's patient, he's loyal, he takes care of me etc. etc., he only thinks I'm a good wife because I don't bitch about him watching football Thursday- Monday ( I don't for the most part), I listen to his funny stories and I don't complain about much.  Oh, he also says I'm a good wife because I care about him and I understand him.  That came as an after thought.

I think it's good that he considers me a good wife for those reasons though because I'm obviously a good woman or else he wouldn't have married me but it's those little things that make a difference.  Who wants to be someone who complains all the time? Why am I going to pick a fight over something petty?  It doesn't make sense.  I mean, I may once in a while if I am starving for attention but that brings excitement to our day to day routine so my dramatisms* are actually a plus in this relationship.  Once you're married you have to learn to pick your battles.  Trust.

Oh, the first year of living together sucked by the way.  I think George Carlin said it best: Have you ever noticed that their stuff is shit and your shit is stuff?

It's hard being lovers and friends.  It's hard being partners.  It's mostly hard because I can be really self involved sometimes but thankfully I've found a man who thinks my random rants are cute . . . I think everything about him is cute.

By the way we've only been married three years and we don't have any kids yet.  I'll keep you posted on how I feel in a few months.

*dramatisms - dramatic antics.

And now the pics . . .

We had our weekly date night.  Guess what I wore? My onesie.  I paired it with a black boyfriend blazer and black booties . . .

Aqua blazer similar one found here.






No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014