Thursday, November 15, 2012

Shopping and selling with apps

Thursday, November 15, 2012
I'm moving back home at the end of the month and I am determined to start fresh. It's so hard! Also,  I've decided that I only want to shop on eBay and thrift stores. There's nothing like a great find. It's a challenge really. Can I really only shop at those places? Probably not but I'm going to try. I've sold a significant amount on eBay and still no dent in my closet so I downloaded Poshmark. Poshmark is a free app. It's super easy. You take pics upload them and wait for your followers to either share or buy. It's been slow. I joined last week and so far sold one thing. When you first sign up you automatically follow people based on your interests. Pretty cool.  There's also parties you can join to either shop or list things. What I do is list my listings on both eBay and Poshmark. Then update my listings as they sell.

eBay is good but for beginners it's kind of annoying. Listing fees, reviews and pending funds. Poshmark makes it super easy. It keeps 20% and as soon as your item sells and the buyer receives it your money becomes available. You can use that money for purchases or request the funds. Poshmark also has standard shipping and they email you prepaid postage.  eBay keeps 9% of earnings and it's associated with pay pal. No pay pal with Poshmark.

There's also Hipswap and Threadflip. Both apps. Hipswap charges a 3.5 % fee. I hear threadflip charges a 20% fee but sends you shipping materials. That's cool too. Makes it easier. I have yet to try those but I think I'm going to start listing things there soon. I really want to get rid of at least 80% of my things. I'm over having so much stuff. I don't need it. I don't want it.  Keep in mind that even though Poshmark and Threadflip have higher commissions they make things a bit more convenient.

These are all top rated apps. Check out the reviews. These are all great ways of purchasing things at a fraction of the price. Be stylish but save money! Good luck selling or shopping!

Don't forget to shop my closet on Poshmark @almie and find me on eBay: almie2282.

And now the pics . . . of the apps . . . from my phone . . . screen shots.






No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014