Friday, March 8, 2013

80s

Friday, March 8, 2013

For years now I've been a fan of Carrie Bradshaw.  She's a bit selfish and not a very good friend at times but she has a great sense of style.  Recently I've been watching the Carrie Diaries. Yes, I am 30 years old but being the huge SATC fan that I am I've been watching the show religiously On Demand.  There are two major things that really bother me about the show.  First, according to the Carrie Diaries, Carrie's mom passed away from cancer and she is being raised by her dad, but if you've watched every single episode of SATC at least 10x like I have you know that Carrie grew up with her mom because her dad left them when she was a little girl and second, Carrie Bradshaw is NOT from Connecticut.  She's from the Midwest.  Charlotte is from Connecticut, Miranda is from Philadelphia and Samantha and Carrie are from the Midwest.  Why would they change her history? It makes no sense to me!  Argh.  That was my rant for the day.

The Carrie Diaries starts off in 1984 and Carrie Bradshaw is 16.  The show's fashion isn't trendy 80s.  It's subtle touches.  Brights here and there, brooches and plastic earrings.  Mouse looks like she's wearing modern day L.L. Bean half the time.  The one with the most eccentric fashion on the show is Carrie's friend/boss Larissa.  I love the bright colors and the hats and the lipsticks.  

This weekend I am going to an 80s themed bachelorette.  The last 80s party I dressed up for was 7 years ago.  Time to brain storm.  I've been scouring the net for inspiration.  Here's my inspiration board.  What do you think?

Off the shoulder floral drss (Etsy)
Bright colored jumpsuit (Etsy)
Plastic charm necklace (Etsy)
80s windbreaker (Etsy)

80s vintage dress FLORAL DRESS / romantic dress / off shoulder dress w/ sweetheart neckline & shawl collar S / M Salmon Pink 80's Vintage Jumpsuit / Wrap Deep V Bodice / Straight Leg Pants80s Blue Plastic Charm Necklace with Charms and  Bells 80s Vintage Old School Windbreaker    

I'll see what I come up with! Stay tuned!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014