Tuesday, March 26, 2013

31

Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Hello World! Life has been pretty hectic.  Work and work and more work.  I just celebrated my 31st birthday in New Orleans.  It was so much fun.  We were there Friday through Sunday and it was just the right amount of time.  We didn't do much aside from the usual.  Eat, sleep and party.  I'd been there before but only for 24 hours for a friend's wedding.  The food was so good!  If you are ever in New Orleans check out Deanie's, Acme, Cochon and SoBou.  Those were the only places we were able to patronize.  The service was underwhelming at Cochon but the fried alligator more than made up for it.  It was sooo good.  I had never had alligator in my life ever but it was DELICIOUS!  SoBou had a great ambiance.  We were able to walk in without a reservation.  It's a more modern, contemporary space and the food was really good.  I had the SoBou burger because I wasn't super hungry but I tried the french market veal sandwich and the confit of duck leg. Both were AMAZE!  The chargrilled oysters at Acme were good too.  I hate oysters but these were very good but proabably because they were drenched in parmesan.  MMMMMM cheese.  Deanie's had an hour and a half wait and the food was pretty good.  I was so hungry by then I couldn't tell but everyone loved it. 

Bourbon street was a hot mess but so much fun!

The fashion was pretty casual.  Nothing fancy.  Shorts, jeans and overalls.  The gift bags included masquerade masks, beads and shot glasses. 

Iphone pics.  Don't judge me.  Didn't want to lug my big camera around. 

 
 
OOTD details: T by Alexander Wang (on sale now) , Rag and Bone leggings in bright white, Emilio Pucci scarf no longer available similar here, Zara black jumper/overalls available in stores now, Topshop crop top, Ash sandals on sale (59!), PJK red top no longer available but similar style found here, black shorts purchased at Marshalls

No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014