Wednesday, November 21, 2012

DIY: headpiece

Wednesday, November 21, 2012
When I think of Nicole Richie, I automatically think: boho chic and picture her in a headpiece.  I usually just wear a headband and wear it across my forehead.  Recently I was looking online and wanted to purchase one but they can be pretty pricey.  Idea time! I decided to make my own.  These are all materials I already had.  I like to make jewelry.  I took a jewelry making class in 6th grade.  All the supplies were purchased at Michael's.  

This is a recipe for a very simple head piece.  :)

You will need:
1. Chain

Inspiration
                                 


It's quite easy. Sorry my nails are a mess! 

1. Measure the chain around your head.



2. Cut it


3. Hook it at the designated spot.






4. First hook is done around head then hook the second one going across the top.

                                         



5. Voila!


Now you can leave as is or you can spice it up.  I think I'm going to add more detail to the front but in the meantime I had a spare Swarovski earring (I lost the other) and I attached it to the front.  

                                   


                                     


What do you think?




Next time I wear it I'll post more polished pictures!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014