Wednesday, January 4, 2017

New Year . . . new me

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Not really . . . the fundamentals are pretty much the same right? Like innately I am a certain way and will probably be that way forever . . . I do try to be better every day and I do try to get rid of bad habits.  I am constantly saying how hard it is to be me . . . and it is!!! The constant inner battle that goes on is insane . . . the need to be better every day, worrying if locked the door . . . constantly worrying about saying the wrong thing, constantly worried about being misunderstood . . . it is exhausting I tell you.  This year my new year resolution is simple . . . send out Thank You cards on time.  You guys don't know how stressful it is for me to send out Thank You cards.  I still have Thank You cards from my wedding, baby shower, birthday and Liam's sip and see.  I love to write them but somehow never manage to send them out probably because I take them way too seriously . . . so for example for Niko's first birthday party I sent out like 7 thank you cards.  The premise was cute and easy enough.  I was to write the thank you cards as if  Niko had written them.  Do you know how long it took to write one? It took like 18 minutes so I gave up.  For his second birthday I was to send everyone a picture of Niko, well apparently I just can't go to CVS and order wallet size prints so I had to order them from shutterfly . . . I still have 40 2x3 wallet size prints of Niko that I will probably never send out.  For Liam's sip and see I wrote out all the Thank You cards but I for some reason they are still in my desk.  What is wrong with me? Why is such a simple task so hard to accomplish? I feel that Thank You cards are so important.  I want people to know I appreciate them and everything they do for us and the gifts they give our little men.  So why can't I just do it? Why? SO this year is the year that I shall send them out but for now I would like to thank everyone for being such important and active members of our lives.  Thank you!

I love buying Thank You cards.  I usually get them at Home Goods or TJ Maxx but if you want to get fancy you can try Minted.com or tinyprints.com.  I love tiny prints but never manage to order anything on time!  This year I will be better.

This little guy came from Greetings Island



xoxoxoox

1 comment:

  1. This seems like a reachable goal. You can do it! Do it, Doug!!!

    ReplyDelete

AlmaKnack © 2014