Sunday, January 22, 2012

Prince Charming

Sunday, January 22, 2012
I've been married for 2.5 years.  My hubby and I are pretty compatible.  We got engaged after 18 months. We are very different but we mesh well.  Every other relationship I had or pseudo relationship was always so dramatic.  Being with him is effortless.  At first I was a bit confused.  I always thought drama was part of the equation and so sometimes I stir up a little bit of drama because, well, I am a bit of a drama queen.  One time I told my friends I wanted to take a drama class and one of them responded with:"What? You could teach the class." I am dramatic and I tend to be a little insecure so one day I asked my hubby: "What made you want to date me?" and he responded with:"You like sports, you are down to do anything, and you eat everything I feed you" . What?!?  Really?  That's it?  The entire time I thought men were looking for something more profound.  I expected something like: "I picture you as the mother of my unborn children, or I can see myself growing old with you, or you make everything in life worthwhile, or you light up the room when you walk in."  You know, the typical cliches but instead his answer was honest and refreshing.  I hear people say that love is complicated and I'm not sure how I feel about that.  Life is complicated and relationships are hard and require a lot of work, but love is one of the purest and unadulterated feelings anyone could possibly experience. My hubby's answer may not have been that of Prince Charming but I realized that sometimes you have to change the fairy tale to fit you, stop trying to fit into the fairy tale.  You are not Cinderella and your life is not a movie!  Make your own fairy tale! :0

No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014