Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Blank

Tuesday, January 24, 2012
I don't shop at a certain Blankmart, a large corporation that offers goods at super low prices.  I hear they treat their employees very poorly and I've read things about their practices that I don't agree with and so I feel morally obligated not to shop there.  The same arguement always comes up: everything is priced so low, why wouldn't you shop there?  For one, you get what you pay for.  A $5 shirt will probably last 5 washes.  The food they sell is crap, it's mainly processed food.  The last time I shopped there was on February 2008 and that was because I was in a new town and didn't know where else to go and I was starving.  I bought groceries.  I drive home and grabbed some yogurt, that I had just purchased and it was 10 days expired!!! I was outraged! I vowed never to shop there.  I understand some people have no choice because they live in a rural town and maybe that's the only retailer there.  I don't know.  There's always an exception to the rule but it still bothers me that so many people shop there.  I mostly don't shop there though because I find it highly hypocritical of me if I did.  I bought a $275 Robert Rodriguez top at Cusp in December (when I still shopped).  If I really wanted to save money don't you think I would spend less money on material possessions and/or clothing?!  Here's the thing I think that people's priorities aren't always on point.  Some people go out and spend so much money on a night out, on clothes, shoes, cars or cigarettes and yet they want to save $2 on soap or a loaf of bread?! That makes no sense to me! People should learn to spend money on what matters: life's necessities.  People should start worrying more about what they put in their bodies rather than what they wear on their feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014