Thursday, January 19, 2012

My obsession

Thursday, January 19, 2012
Growing up my dad had two vintage Christian Dior sweaters.  They were gifts from my mom.  Very tasteful, classy.  My mom claims she bought them at a thrift shop but who knows she probably hustled the sales woman at Saks.  When I was 11 my dad brought home catalogs he'd found at a house he was working at.  Amongst those catalogs was one from Bergdorf Goodman.  I admired every single page and fell in love with every trend and every designer and so my obsession started.  Two things have driven me in life: my parents and the idea of having a future family of my own to make proud, but secretly I knew that the only way I would be able to afford those amazing designers was if I worked really hard.  So I made good grades got into college and went to grad school.  It was never about filling a void or about fitting in when I felt inadequate.  It was about the love of fashion and the appreciation for it as an art form and as a way to express myself.  Designing a dress and sowing is such hard work! Trust me, my mom and I made one over Christmas break and it was not easy.  Needless to say my obsession got a little out of hand so now I've decided that in order for me to purchase anything else I have to meet my quarterly financial goal and make sure I've given my charitable contributions for the quarter.  I will end this entry by leaving you with a few words to live by: if you cannot pay your credit card at the end of the month you cannot afford it! Put it back!!! Some of my shoes!!! :) I am a mad woman!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014