Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Unset Jello

Wednesday, January 11, 2012
I've been married for two years, and we are thinking babies.  We were watching I don't know how she does it . . . you know the movie with Sarah Jessica Parker based on the book written by Allison Pearson.  I enjoyed both the book and the movie.  One of my fears in life is to be an unsuitable mother.  I grew up in an intact household.  My dad was the sole provider and my mom was a stay at home mom.  I received all the attention and all the accolades any little girl, teenage girl, young lady and woman would want.  I'm a career woman and one of my fears is that I won't be able to balance a career and kids, but everyone says that I will be a great mom.  I have no other option but to believe them.  Ok, back to the movie.  Kate Reddy, the protagonist, has to bake something for the bake sale but she doesn't have time so she buys a pie.  The stay at home moms bake delicious pastries but one of the other moms brings . . . unset jello . . . so I turn to my hubby and I ask? What kind of mom do you think I'll be? He looks at me pauses and responds with: you'll be the unset jello mom.  Whomp, whomp, whomp .  . .  way to reassure me honey!  On a completely unrelated note I hear Brandy is making a comeback.  I believe it too because she was on Drop Dead Diva this summer and she was great!
tootles

1 comment:

  1. It is so hard for women these days...expected to uphold ur wife and motherly duties, but who can live off of one income anymore?! I try desperately to have the laundry done, the house cleaned and bake pies while working 40 hrs a week, but I just end up failing and feeling miserable...guess I'll have to pick up an extra shift and hire a maid!!!

    ReplyDelete

AlmaKnack © 2014