Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Adjustment Bureau

Thursday, January 26, 2012
I watched this movie over the summer and I really liked it! It got me thinking.  I've always believed in fate and "what's meant to be will be."  Growing up my dad would always say that God had already laid out our path, but is that entirely true? I don't know.  I think we all make our own path and maybe some things are predestined.  You know, everything happens for a reason.  I think that's true.  So here goes my story.  I am the oldest of 3.  I grew up loving sports because it's what my dad and I did.  I never really got into soccer but my little sister loves it.  Anyway, I've always watched sports and I've always had a good memory but for some reason the 1992 Superbowl with the Washington Redskins and the Buffalo Bills has always been embedded in my brain.  In 2005 every other celebrity had a Greek boyfriend.  Remember Paris and Paris?  My New Year's resolution in 2006 was to find a Greek boyfriend because it was the hottest accessory.  Later that year my best friend (and roommate) and I had a fall out and we did not speak for 9 months! I was miserable but I befriended A, who went on to introduce me to my husband.  Ok, so my husband happens to be from DC and he is Greek! Isn't that kind of weird?  It's almost like those things I wished for or remembered were little clues.  Why would I only remember the 1992 Superbowl?  If my roommate and I wouldn't have been fighting I would have never befriended A and she would have never introduced me to my husband, if my Grad school first choice hadn't wait listed me I would have never gone to Philadelphia where I met my roommate whom I had a fallout with and I would have never met A and I would have never met my husband.  It's hard to understand why things happen but I think there's always a silver lining.   It may be hard to see at first but it's always there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014