Monday, February 20, 2012

Vintage!

Monday, February 20, 2012
Today I decided that we would celebrate President's day by going into DC and doing some vintage shopping.  It was my first attempt at it and I was quite excited! I decided I wanted to stay in the Georgetown neighborhood.  We went to Annie Creamcheese, Second Time Around and Secondhand Rose of Georgetown.  My favorite of the three were Annie Creamcheese and Secondhand Rose.  I was amazed at all the vintage clothing.  Today was my first time shopping in 50 days.  I would take it slow.  After obsessing for what seemed to be an eternity over a Chanel vintage tweed coat I decided to put it down.  Thankfully it was too large for me, it was priced reasonably at $799.  Both stores had a great selection of Chanel and Yves Saint Laurent.  I tried on three pieces.  A red over sized Ferragamo sweater with shoulder pads and gold buttons, it was a size S but it was way too over sized for me. A white and gray wool Yves Saint Laurent sweater but it was a little too tight and finally a bright green Emma Domb dress.  I absolutely adored the Emma Domb so I had to get it, and I did! I dropped it off at the tailor on the way home as it needs slight alterations.   The top is a little big (as is every top, I'm not so lucky in that department).  I am so excited to pick up my dress later this week.  I have the perfect shoes to wear with it.  I am thinking I'll save it for my trip to Paris and wear on a warm night out.  I'll post pics later this week when I try it on.  I can't believe I shopped today but I have to say it was worth it.  I am so happy with my purchase I cannot wait to go back and shop some more! Oh, we also stopped by Chanel on our way home and I put my name on a wait list for a hand bag.  Whomp, whomp, whomp.

My OOTD: Hot pink MNG leggings, gray and white navajo like sweater, Black long sleeved BCBG shirt, black Boutique 9 wedge booties and my Chanel Handbag. Also accessorized with a black knit hat, black Michelle watch, silver link David Yurman bracelet, pink Hermes bracelet and BVLGARI sunglasses.
www.secondhandrosedc.com
http://www.anniecreamcheese.com/
http://secondtimearound.net/



No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014