Thursday, February 9, 2012

Vday Yuck!

Thursday, February 9, 2012
I don't like Valentine's day.  It is a man made holiday, it makes people feel awkard and makes them feel obligated to celebrete something they should be celebrating every day.  Love.  You don't need a holiday to show someone you love them.  Is it even considered a Holiday? It makes single people feel inadequate, sad and lonely and it adds unecessary stress to couples.  It has never been noted in history that Saint Valentine was the Patron of lovers.  Ever.  It was taken from a fictional story.  I find it incredibly annoying that people buy into this hoopla.  It also annoys me when people say Valentime's day,  it's named after Saint Valentine! Not time! See, people don't even know the history behind it.  I liked Valentine's day as a child.  My parents would give us red balloons filled with Hershey Kisses.  I thought it was the coolest thing.  I think that may have only been once.  It was also fun at the time to exchange cards.  When V and I first started looking at engagemet rings, I had to specifically say that I did not want a proposal on Valentine's day.  So unoriginal and tacky, not romantic.  I expected a gift from him when we first started dating, but only because I needed to know if he would make the effort, and I was playing hard to get.  Somewhat.  After that I had to tell him I didn't really care for such a mainstream, commercialized Holiday.  I think he was relieved. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014