Sunday, February 5, 2012

Adventures in Babysitting

Sunday, February 5, 2012
I babysat my 4 year old niece and my 3 year old nephew today.  It was pretty fun actually.  I don't believe in sitting a kid in front of the television to keep them quiet so I tried to come up with activities.  Well, it turns out I had no activities.  I wasn't prepared because my husband asked me 40 minutes before they were being dropped off but I didn't mind.  No activities in a not kid friendly home.  What to do? I didn't want them just watching tv or sitting in front of the computer.  I couldn't take them anywhere because I have no car seats.  So what did we do for 3.5 hours?! They brought some toys so that was good but after about 20 minutes they were bored. Then the greatest idea occurred to me: Let's make cookies! That kept us occupied for the majority of the time.  They had so much fun! We had to mix the dough and let it chill, then we used snowflake cookie cutters to cut them out.  In between we watched a little bit of iCarly and Sponge Bob square pants.  All in all it was a good 3.5 hours.  We were entertained.  Then my hubby and my inlaws came home and we watched the Super Bowl.  The kids left around 10 pm.  I was so tired after it all! That was just 3.5 hours, imagine if it were 24 hours 7 days a week? AHH! Soon it will be my turn, maybe.  Hopefully.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014