Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Babies

Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Everyone around me is having a baby! Of course that poses the question: when will I have a baby? I don't know. I want a baby but I don't feel ready but then again will I ever be ready? All I keep thinking is the longer I prolong having a baby the less time I have to spend with said baby. It creates such anxiety in my life. What makes anyone ready to have a baby? Finances? Life goals? Career goals? Sometimes I feel society puts so much stress on women to procreate but I realize that as we age the complications increase. It's so much to deal with on my own sometimes, not to mention the added stress from family members and my ob-gyn who is a firm advocate of women having children before the age of 35. Am I being selfish? When will it ever be the right time? My close friend says to me: "there's people in worse financial or career situations than you are and they're having babies." That's not reassuring. I have a few more personal goals I want to achieve before I'm ready. Then again, life is what happens while you're busy making other plans. I hope time doesn't pass me by and I wake up 12 years from now with no babies and no one to dedicate my life to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014