Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Marriage

Wednesday, February 8, 2012
The hardest adjustment was realizing that I was no longer dependent on my parents.  I was on my own.  With a man.  It was crazy!  I remember telling my dad:"it's so weird that I have to share a bed with a man and wake up next to him."  Yes, my dad and I talk about things.  He's the one who told me about the birds and the bees when I was 12.  I went from living at home to having two roommates to living with my husband. I realized that I could no longer depend on my dad the way I used to, now I had a life long partner.   The only man I ever trusted was my father.  I knew that no matter what happened at the end of the day he was going to love me and protect me.  Would the new man in my life do the same? Would he love me enough to deal with my imperfections?  It was so hard for me to believe that this new man could love me so much after so many didn't.  So far marriage is all that I've wanted it to be.  I realize that not every day is going to be perfect but communication, respect and compromise are key.  I'm learning not to dwell in the past, instead learn from it and move forward.  I hope that our bond grows stronger, that we always see the good in each other and that we love hard.  Isn't that all we want? Love? Someone to love us?

No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014