Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Nutcracker

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Last night we spent the evening enjoying The Nutcracker.  It is running at the Wortham Theater until December 29.  It's been running every season for the last 26 years.  I love the Nutcracker! You can also watch it on PBS but I would definitely recommend seeing it live.  I am super excited for Rigoletto next month at the Houston Grand Opera.  Most of my knowledge of the Arts comes from a theater arts class I took in high school and a lot of music, poetry and theater classes I took in college (museums and traveling the world also make the list).  I graduated with like 30 extra credits, mainly because I could not decide on a minor and also because I needed extra classes for my bio degree or else I would have needed to write a thesis, which I did not want to do. 

It was a nice night out last night but I had been wearing tights during the day and I did not shave my legs so it made a lot more sense to just keep the tights on than to go through the trouble of shaving my legs when I'm 28 weeks pregnant, but not to worry I have a wax appointment this weekend.  This coat is one of my favorite coats.  It's circa 2005 and it's from Arden B.  I don't think I've shopped Arden B since then but I truly love this coat.  You can also bedazzle the sleeves of one of your coats to add some sparkle.  The dress is Mark and James from Badgley Mischka.  It is from last season so no longer available but a good alternative would be pairing a tulle skirt and a black off the shoulder bodysuit

V looked incredibly handsome in a Z Zegna suit and Z Zegna shirt, similar here.  He prefers Z Zegna over Zegna because of the slimmer cut and fit.  V is not the shopping kind at all but he likes to invest in nice suits as he knows he'll get a lot of use out of them.  He's had this suit for a couple of years and it looks like new every time! He likes to shop the Zegna outlet and the Bloomingdale's Men's suit sale, you can get some awesome deals!

I hope everyone is enjoying this holiday season! Stay warm.  Tootles!


Mark and James cap sleeve mini dress available on ebay.  Arden B coat, similar hereEllen Tracy opaque tights. Christian Louboutin Sling Prive. 
 
 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014