Tuesday, December 17, 2013

DIY: Ugly Christmas Sweater 2013

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Last weekend my friend, GG, had her annual Christmas party at St. Arnold Brewery.  It was a lot of fun.  Just a cool place to hang out and chill.  You need to make sure to get there early to grab a table. Admission is $8 and you get 4 tokens and a complimentary glass.  Each bear is one token.  Being pregnant I tried to get out of paying the $8 but I still had to pay.  GRRR.  It's ok though, I actually enjoyed their root beer.  I generally hate root beer but the St. Arnold root beer was so refreshing and delicious.  It's caffeine free and they use real sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup.  It's free with admission so I gave my hubby all my tokens.  Needless to say he couldn't drive home afterwards. 

Once again I decided to make my own ugly sweater.  I think I like last year's sweater better though. It took me 10 minutes to make this sweater.  All you need is a glue gun and random Christmas stuff.  I bought the vest at a thrift store, washed it, dried it, then added green tinsel in the shape of a Christmas tree, glued dollar store present ornaments at the bottom and then glued random Christmas ribbon and brown stones throughout.  I also used paint to decorate the tree.  The brown stones looked a little like poo but that's ok. 

Last year V wore a snowman sweater he made.  This year I just added a reef that I made out of the same green tinsel and I added Christmas ribbon in the shape of suspenders.  Then I glued random stuff  onto the sweatshirt.  The sweatshirt was also from a thrift store and I shrunk it not only making it ugly but ill fitting as well. 

We'll see what we all wear next year!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014