Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Armed and dangerous

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

This weekend V and I did our baby registry! It was so much fun.  I did a lot of research before hand so I had a list of things I wanted to register for before I went into the store.  A friend recommended the book, Baby Bargains, and it was super helpful.  They update it often so it's important to always get the latest edition.  You can also check out their website.  They have useful info like recalls and you can also follow their blog. 

It was a great experience! We registered at Pottery Barn Kids and Babies R Us.  I was a bit disappointed with PBK because most of their merchandise is made in China.  Sad face.  Either way it was fun.  We only spent a total of 3 hours registering.  I was super proud of myself.  I did not find it overwhelming at all but probably because I was prepared.  I recommend everyone research and pick out the things you want before hand before going into the store.  With so many selections the process can be pretty overwhelming.  We finally set the baby shower date and the invites are going out this week!




                  
Those are some of the things we registered for.  I had my heart set on a Bugaboo.  The reviews are great and as the sales woman at Neiman's put it, it is the BMW of strollers.  My parents wanted to gift it to us but after speaking to so many moms and my brother I realized I don't know how much use I'll get out of it.  So we opted for the Britax.  I love it! We tried it out and it is so easy to maneuver.  The 3 wheel design makes it easier to turn.  It is pretty light weight and we like the travel system and it also comes with the base for the car seat.  We are very happy we registered for the Britax B Agile travel system.  The other reason we opted not to get the Bugaboo is because we are considering baby wearing in which case we wouldn't need a stroller at all.  I am also super excited about the g diapers.  Yes, I have decided to use cloth diapers.  After all the research I think that's what I want to do, if we don't like it we can always switch.  We even ran into a woman at Babie's R Us who has being doing it for her 2.5 year old and she is also doing it for her next baby, she's pregnant now.  She gave me a ton of useful tips! 

I also caved in and finally bought a pair of maternity jeans.  I didn't want to spend so much money initially but the reviews on the J Brand maternity jeans are great and they're supposed to grow with you.  I only wear jeans on the weekends and only for a few hours,I have a busy work week, so hopefully one pair will suffice.  I scored the Alice and Olivia pullover a few months back at Marshalls for $60! I love the pullover because it still fits and also because I can dress it up or down. 

OOTD: J Brand Maternity Jeans, Alice and Olivia sequined sweater similar here and here, Christian Louboutin booties no longer available similar here and affordable version here, Chanel handbag.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014