Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Drama queens

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Every time I watch the Mindy Project I wonder if someone secretly loves me the way Danny loves Mindy.  I'm not sure if he even knows he has feelings for her yet but he definitely does.  I grew up in the 80s/90s era but I mostly remember shows like the Wonder Years, Saved by the Bell, Friends and Mad about you, but all rom-com shows like the Mindy Project and New Girl have the same premise.  We knew that Jess and Nick were going to end up together.  They're probably going to break up and then end up together after 8 seasons like Robyn and Barney.  I mean Duh! did we learn nothing from Ross and Rachel or Kelly and Zach . . . or maybe they'll end up like Kevin and Winnie.

Ok back to me.  V thinks it's incredibly vain of me to think that there's someone out there harboring secret feelings for me but I don't care.  I think that's the ultimate ego boost (which now having said that I do feel slightly narcissistic), but all I've ever wanted was a declaration of love.  That's it! I used to create drama with V just because our relationship was always so smooth and perfect but after a while he caught on and began to ignore me.   Why is it that we crave so much drama? I've had drama before with past lovers and conquests and it was horrible.  I would cry all the time.  Once I made my friend drive me to someone's apartment complex just to see if his car was there because he hadn't called me in two days.  In my defense I was 23 years old.  That's some Hannah Horvath shit.  Once I met V all the drama disappeared and he was everything I ever wanted.  We met, dated and then got engaged.  Smooth sailing, not one break up . . .  so no wonder 8 months later I am throwing a set of keys on the wall because he did not want to take me to Chipotle.  Fast forward 4 years later and I cannot get away with one dramatic antic because he knows all of my tricks.  The other day I told him that I was going to start kissing other guys if he didn't kiss me more often and he just said: Make sure you snap me a picture.  Dang! Cold blooded.  I am really not going to start kissing any guys not only am I married but I love and respect my husband . . . also I am not very smooth so I'd probably get caught and bring a lot of shame not only to my husband but my family.  So all the stupid, little things I say or do are just to get a reaction out of V which hardly ever happens.  It's mostly because I'm bratty.  I'm trying to change my evil ways though.   I think Mindy Lahiri actually gives women a bad name but that's why she's relatable because a lot of women behave that way but are too ashamed to admit it but not I, I am not as crazy as she is.  Seriously though aside from being a doctor and being a hard worker she has no admirable qualities.  She's kinda racist.  She's very selfish and she's so superficial.  Ahhhh! Having said that Mindy and I would probably be friends because when I am around other crazy people I tend to be less crazy so we balance each other out. 

I found this Mindy and Danny compilation video on YouTube.  It's cute but the music a bit too loud.  Enjoy!


Back to me again, I just need to accept my marital happiness, after all isn't that what we all want? A happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014