Thursday, January 2, 2014

Faux real

Thursday, January 2, 2014

I love the snow! The first few days then it gets dirty and inconvenient. The first snow is always the best. This isn't the first snow of the season in the DMV but it's my first snow being back. We went to Mark's Duck House for dinner. I loooooooove duck. It's so delicious. Especially peking duck. Mark's Duck House holds a special place in my heart because that's where I first met my husband. July 2006. Who knew we'd end up together. When I first met him I thought he was from El Salvador. I don't know why. He's from Falls Church, Virginia but his family hails from Greece.

I prefer winter over summer. You can bundle up and be cozy and there's super cute accessories vs. the summer. It's not like you can walk around completely naked and even if you could it would still be hot and you'd be sticky and sweaty in inappropriate and inconvenient places.

My obsession with fur began when I was like 4. My mom had this fur bomber jacket that she got at a vintage shop. I actually tried looking for it but I couldn't find it. It's somewhere in our house. She's a borderline hoarder so I know she kept that jacket. She still has dresses from the 80s. She's a borderline hoarder vs. a full blown hoarder because there's still plenty of room in our house for more stuff and she loves having yard sales but mostly because she likes to make room for more stuff. What does she hoard? Anything and everything. Baby shoes, pots, pans, yarn, curtains, sheets, comforters, more yarn, buttons etc. etc. She loves to knit. She knits little dresses and shoes and hats and blankets. When she makes little capes or dresses she adds ribbon or buttons so she has a ton of buttons in different shapes. Anyway, back to fur.

Even though I'd love to own real fur I can't have any more animals killed at my expense. I'm a big meat eater so there's plenty of cows losing their lives every day just so I can eat steak. I can't have any more animals dying and still have a clean conscience. So I choose faux. My brother got me this amazeballs French Connection faux fur and leather sleeved jacket. It was originally $548 but he got it for like $60 at a discount store. That's because he's just like me, baller on a budget. I'm also wearing a faux sweater from Asos.

My hubby told me that when he was 17 he tried to breed chinchillas so he could sell them for their fur. He said it didn't work out because they shed a lot and since they take dust baths all they wanted to do was dig so he gave up and took them to the animal shelter.

Anyway, that's enough of my randomness for one day . . . outfit details below.

You can't really appreciate the outfit here but I couldn't resist taking pictures in the snow . . .

ASOS faux fur ribbed sweater, Nala jacket sold out, similar here and here, Jbrand maternity jeans, Christian Louboutin booties, Aqua statement necklace similar here and here.

faux fur
faux fur by almie917 featuring black tops



No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014