Thursday, January 10, 2013

28 days . . . later

Thursday, January 10, 2013
We've been in Houston 30 days but 28 days seemed like a catchier title. Am I the only one who always confused 28 days with 28 days later? One's with Sandra Bullock.  She goes to rehab for 28 days.  28 days later is a scary one. I found that out the hard way.  I was watching 28 days later wondering when Sandra Bullock was going to show up! She never did!


I don't really miss DC that much. I miss my friends and in laws but that's about it. I think DC probably misses me more. Let's be honest I'm the best thing that happened to DC since Bill Clinton.

(not my pic, taken from the web)

So what have I been doing since I've been back? Well, I went on three job interviews and received three job offers. I accepted one, then declined it and then accepted another. It took me a total of 6 days to find a job. So am I working? No. I'm not sure when I start. I am meeting with my future boss this morning. I don't even know how much I'll be getting paid but I'm sure it'll be enough.

I haven't heard a single honk since I've been in Texas. People are friendly and patient. I befriended a nice sales associate at Neiman's, Randi. She's sweet and helps me with my handbag purchases. So things aren't bad on my end. Pretty good.

V likes Houston but he's having difficulty adjusting to working from home. His company was nice enough to allow him to work remotely from Houston for the time being. He sits at his desk for 8 hours straight. So far I've seen him only get up for breakfast and lunch and two restroom breaks. I'm in the living room watching telenovelas with my mom and he's working his little butt off. I kind of feel bad but not really.  A lot of people would love to work from home!

(Not my pic, taken from the web) Houston skyline

That's our little update so far.  Our life is a little slower than it was back in the DMV but we're not complaining.  We are very happy.

Which movie do you want to see? 28 days or 28 days later? Mwahahahaha.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014