Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My First

Tuesday, September 11, 2012
My first memory ever is from the age of 6.  It was the fall of 1988 and my kindergarten class was lining up to go to the restroom.  On our way to the restroom our teacher asked us who we were voting for in the upcoming election.  Mind you I was 6 years old.  My response was simple: I am voting for Michael Dukakis.   My friend Karen wearing her retro orange and purple flowered dress responded the same way.  Why I remember this is beyond me but I remember it.  Life is full of firsts.  Your first kiss, your first dance, your first job, your first love but most importantly in any woman's life she always remembers her first pair of designer shoes.  For me it was a pair of Stuart Weitzman red boots that my mom bought me from a flea market when I was 17.  Love! As I matured my love for designer foot wear just grew stronger and most recently I've become obsessed with Charlotte Olympia.  I picked up my first pair a couple of months ago.  On sale from neimanmarcus.com.  I absolutely love them! Comfort and style all in one beautifully crafted shoe.  What do you think of the leopard on leopard? Yay or Nay?

Now the pics . . . 

Meet Delores!






OOTD: Vince silk blouse, Current/Elliott jeans. Charlotte Olympia heels, Rebecca Minkoff bag







No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014