Friday, September 7, 2012

FNO

Friday, September 7, 2012
Last night was Fashion's night out.  FNO was initiated by Anna Wintour, the fabulous face behind Vogue, in 2009.  It was meant to encourage shoppers to shop during the economic crisis to give the retail industry a boost.  To stimulate the economy I suppose.  Basically to encourage you to spend but now it's become so much more.  The first event was held in NYC and now it's gone global with 19 countries participating in the event.  Last night was loads of fun.  Consumers wearing the latest trends flooded the streets of Georgetown.  The line for free facials at Kiehl's was out the door.  The red carpets were a big hit and the make up counters inside the tent were packed with fresh faces.  I love to people watch so I had a great time.  It's also a great time to be inspired.  Fashion has no limits and it's great to see how differently fashion can be interpreted by others.  I can't wait until next year!  I chose to dress comfortably and I wore white . . . after labor day because I'm a rebel.  Not really but I'll pretend.

OOTD: Black pleather peplum Zara top, white rag and bone jeans and Charlotte Olympia platforms.

. . . and now the pics.  My photog was in full effect last night. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014