Thursday, September 13, 2012

I'm not crazy . . . YAY!

Thursday, September 13, 2012
Remember the very first time you called a crush?  Your heart was beating so fast you felt like it was going to beat right out of your chest.  Well, that's how I feel EVERYTIME I have to make a phone call.  I can talk for hours on the phone if a close friend or a family member calls me but they have to call me because it takes a lot for me to pick up the phone and call someone.  For years I've been avoiding making phone calls.  Now as an adult my husband has to call and schedule all of my appointments because even calling my doctor's office is a huge ordeal.  My heart races, I get shortness of breath.  The works.  Even calling my mom is hard.  I wait for her to call me or if it's been a while since I've spoken to her I call her and it's not that I'm avoiding her, but the thought of picking up the phone paralyzes me.  There's maybe five people I can have long conversations with on the phone and that's after they call me.  There are so many friends that I want to call and say: Hi, how are you? but I can't.  Last night I was telling my friend about it and she said: that's strange, why don't you google it.  So I did.  Don't you just love google? I googled: phone anxiety and BAM! I'm not the only one.  According to one of the websites, www.allaboutcounseling.com, "Telephone phobia is marked by an unreasonable and extreme fear of taking or making phone calls. While many people may encounter phone calls that will naturally make them nervous (such as a telephone job interview or a call from a doctor), someone with a telephone phobia actually has a deep-rooted social phobia or social anxiety disorder that makes most or every phone conversation a source of fear or angst."  I always thought it was just me but it's not and I'm sure there's a lot more people who suffer from it but are too embarrassed to say anything because when you tell someone "oh, I'm sorry I haven't returned your call because I have a phone fear" it sounds crazy.  Well there's no need to be embarrassed anymore.  Learn all about phone fear and how to treat it here. Here's another link with information.  I am so happy I found all this.  Now if only I could find a celebrity to bring awareness to the situation.  Oh wait, I googled and what do you know?  Kanye may have it too.  I found it here. 

I read that pictures attract more readers to blogs but I have no pictures for this one so instead I leave you with Lady Gaga and Beyonce . . . . Telephone



No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014