Friday, June 22, 2012

Come to my bar!

Friday, June 22, 2012
Anyone who knows me knows that I love watermelon and cucumber. Yummy! I've been known to ask bartenders for any drink involving a cucumber. Especially during the summer. It's so refreshing. The Alisar at co co sala in DC, the Katsuya fresh at Katsuya (Houston, LA, SoBe) and The Sake Garden at Zentan DC are all delicious and all involve cucumber. Last summer sweetgreen had a ginger/cucumber limeade and it was delish! We are going out in DC tomorrow for a friend's birthday.  Our nights in DC usually end the next  morning so today we decided to stay in.  I decided to make my own watermelon and cucumber drink so I googled: watermelon cucumber based cocktails. BAM! Martha Stewart. I found the perfect recipe. Here's the gist. Blend the cucumber. Blend the watermelon. Strain them and mix with 2 squeezed limes, honey and vodka. Here's a link to the actual recipe. Enjoy!

 http://www.marthastewart.com/319455/watermelon-cucumber-cooler?czone=holiday/sixty-days-of-summer/recipes-ideas&center=276964&gallery=274797&slide=184569






My MESS!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014