Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Key

Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Sometimes I feel life throws us curve balls just to remind us of how lucky we are and to remind us to be thankful. Recent events have made me realize that maybe I'm not as thankful as I should be and that I shouldn't take certain things in life for granted. In an attempt to purge my soul I've decided to rid my life of some of the things that I've "idolized" in the past.  Yes, sounds dramatic but I am dramatic. In an attempt to organize my life and hopefully get rid of some of my anxiety I began decluttering my closet. Initially the idea was to get rid of all my material possessions as I know that there's more to life than "things" but I couldn't part with my Chanel bag. At least not yet. So, I'm taking baby steps. Over the last three weeks I've been listing items on eBay. Not a lot of things just some things. A black halo top, a Leifsdottir blouse, a marc by marc jacobs bag . . . little things, but on Monday I sold one of my Louis Vuitton hand bags. A break through! It's ok, I'll buy another bag at some other time when I really deserve it.  I actually feel good about it. I am not saying that I am denouncing materialism, after all we live in the epicenter of capitalism (don't we?), that would be hypocritical.  I love fashion, designers and trends and I appreciate the time and labor that it takes to create a hand bag or a couture dress.  It's fashion.  It's art.  That's a part of who I am but if once in a while I can get rid of something that represents a part of myself that I'm not too happy with then I'm ok with that.  The key is balance, not being consumed with things of no spiritual value. 


Some of my "possessions" up for sale.  I plan on donating some of my proceeds to charity.  

 


SOLD!

SOLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014