Monday, May 28, 2012

Bright Weekend

Monday, May 28, 2012
My weekend started off perfectly. Half a day of work on Friday followed by the Drake concert later that night and friends visiting. Perfecto! We spent most of the weekend in D.C. We've been sight seeing, eating and galavanting through town. I love it when we have visitors because we get to do some of our favorite things but we also get to experience new things. This weekend we went on the DCDuck tour which was a new, fun way of seeing the city. Another new experience was visiting the Library of Congress. I cannot believe I've never been before. The Thomas Jefferson exhibit is so inspiring! The little traveled Jefferson read to experience the things his well travelled counterparts had experienced first hand. It was amazing. Since we spent most of our days outdoors it was important that I dress comfortably but also wear clothes to keep me cool. It was 90 degrees outside! Friday night I chose to wear a cut out dress from ASOS for the concert and drinks with friends afterwards. The rest of the weekend I wore cotton and silk. Did you know silk is porous? So wearing silk in the summer emits the sweat and heat from your body keeping you cool. Also, because it absorbs moisture it keeps you warm in winter. It's a good insulator.  I've learned to incorporate it into my wardrobe. Even though silk may seem expensive it's a good investment in my opinion because it's such a high quality material that has great properties. The best thing about it is you can wear it year round and for any occasion. So the next time you put down that fabulous silk top please reconsider! My neon theme was accidental!


Asos cut out dress.  YSL sandals

DVF silk top.  J. Crew shorts.. Miu Miu sandals. Fendi purse
Naven silk dress.  Betsey Johnson belt



BCBG silk top. J. Crew shorts.  DVF sandals

No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014