Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Day One

Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Houston, I've arrived! The move to Texas has been completed and we survived day 1 of living with my parents. Yes, we are living with my parents because I have no set plans. All I know is that I want a practice, a house and a baby. I knew I didn't want that in DC so the first step in my master plan was to move home, so we did. Ok, now here we are. Time to make life happen. I feel like an aspiring actor who just moved to LA with great hopes and dreams except I moved to Houston with not a clue on what to do next. Thankfully V has a job and everyone has been very kind and generous. Do you know you get gifts and money when you move away? I had no idea!

I was in billboard shock once we crossed into Tennessee. I don't remember ever seeing a billboard in Northern Virginia. I didn't take many pics since I was the co-pilot on this mission and taking pics from inside the Penske truck didn't seem that appealing.  Most of the billboards involved meth.  Governor Haslam launched a state wide anti-meth campaign in April.  Read here for more details.

We stopped overnight in Chattanooga and the next day we stopped in Birmingham for 3 hours to watch the Redskins.  Thankfully they won or else I would have been really upset.  We landed on my parent's door step at 1:34 AM.

I have a business meeting and an interview set up for Thursday and in my little head I have the perfect outfit. Wish us luck and we'll keep you posted.

Kisses!

And now the random pics . . .

Hills 

The grass really is greener on the other side!

Alabama, where the speed limit  goes from 70 MPH to 55 MPH right when you cross state line to ticket you!  Thankfully we knew better.  

Drive safely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014