Tuesday, October 31, 2017

It's the Great Eye Ball, Niko Man

Tuesday, October 31, 2017



Happy Halloween!!
I love Charlie Brown and my sister calls my little man Niko Man, hence the title. 
I decided that I wanted to make cake pops for Niko's class, OMG! So I made them. I've made cake pops before but I never really cared what they looked like a whole lot because they were mostly covered in sprinkles.  This time I decided to make creepy eyeballs.  So . . . TA DAAAAAH.  I was able to make about 13 "ok" ones but though not perfect I am still happy with how they turned out as I am not a professional baker at all.  I've decided to show you pictures of behind the scene.  No one shows you the behind the scene pics, lol.
I hope the kids like them, they were yummy.  I ate one of the ruined ones, whoops.  Whenever I make the cake pops I kind of just wing it, so I bake a box cake, cool it, crumble it and add 1/4 of a jar of frosting, mix it, squish it and mold it.  Dip the lollipop sticks into the melted candy melts and attach to cake pops and let cool, this acts a glue to hold it together.  Dip and decorate.  I have a candy melt pot that I bought at Michaels, even though they are never perfect I make them enough to where I think I need one.  This was my first time using it.  I think I still need to perfect the actual cake ball, the weight and size is important so that they are not too heavy for the stick otherwise they'll fall off . . . see science, math and physics are all important kids! Stay in school!  
Hope everyone has a safe Halloween!
Go 'stros!

xoxoxo

Final product

These broke off and fell inside candy melts

Ruined

My first attempt the night before using a different brand of candy melts um no . . . these DID NOT make the final count.





Clean up

A MESS!

1 comment:

  1. Make sure that of having chimney dampers established in your own US Fireplace Dampers. Any damper from a chimney will likely be within the trust. However , it is also established on the top menu. Those dampers support holding any seepage released and likewise support drama as the chimney covering Marlboro Cigarettes.

    ReplyDelete

AlmaKnack © 2014