Friday, August 22, 2014

An American Girl in Nordstrom

Friday, August 22, 2014

Life has been so busy lately. Extremely busy. I don't know how I manage to do half the things I do so it's a surprise that I actually made it to Nordstrom yesterday. About three weeks I found out SJP was coming to  Houston to promote her fall line. The first thing I did was block off my schedule and call my sister. I found an amazing Red Valentino dress for $77 at Last Call Neiman Marcus over the weekend.  Perfect to meet one of my style icons. WWSJPW? (What would Sarah Jessica Parker wear) has been one of my mottos for like ever. That and WWVBW? (What would Victoria Beckham wear). So the day came and I find myself writing this blog as I stand in line waiting to meet her.

I must say I was stressing for a little bit. I should have bought my shoes beforehand but I didn't because I didn't have time! So I get there knowing exactly what shoe I want. Salesman goes to get it. Salesman comes back. Salesman does not have shoes. Salesman leaves. Salesman is looking for shoe. Salesman comes back. No shoe. I pick another shoe. Not available in my size. Salesman continues to look for original shoe. Salesman gets ahold of sales manager. She has shoe. I buy one shoe and stand in line. Other shoe pending my receipt reads. Half an hour later salesman comes with my shoe.  YAY!

It's 4:00 PM and we are anxiously waiting.  There's about 150 people in line I would assume or more I'm not sure. At least 100 in front of me.  Finally she comes down the escalator at about 4:10, it was the best ever.  I literally thought I might cry.  It's 4:56 and I'm at the front of the line.  She was the sweetest ever, I'm not sure what we talked about but I remember telling her I'd just had a baby.  Haha.  All I think about is my baby boy these days.  She's exactly how I thought she would be, very sweet and classy and fabulously dressed.  She signed my shoe and a card and I was so busy talking that I didn't even turn to look at the camera.  After the Benicio del Toro incident I made sure to keep my cool.

It so crazy to think SATC was such a long time ago, it ran from my JR year in high school through my JR year in college so a lot of the women there were moms, I saw at least 4 strollers.

I purchased The Fawn,which I am totally in love with and can't wait to wear! Yesterday was definitely one of my better days.

Such a great day!


RED Valentino dress

No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014