Friday, May 3, 2013

Packing 101 - Casual weekend. Spring edition

Friday, May 3, 2013

We are celebrating Easter weekend with my in laws in DC.  My hubby and his family are Greek Orthodox and follow the Lunar calendar.  In the past I've been accused of over packing so now I try my best to pack as lightly as possible.  This weekend was no exception.  I am here for 5 days and had to fit everything into a carry on.  Not just my outfits but also my make up, sneakers and work out gear.  Did it all fit? Yup.  I packed one pair of shoes (aside from sneakers), a pair of Christian Louboutin nude pumps.  Why that particular pair? Because the nude goes with everything! I am wearing a teal dress for Easter and I packed the ASOS dress pictured below in case of a spontaneous dinner or gathering with friends.  The shoes will complement both dresses nicely.  I packed both pair of jeans and the white sweater as well.  I then packed two more neutral tops that can go with either pair of jeans.  A white tank top and statement necklace are also crucial in achieving any look.  I plan on wearing the silk pants (mine are slightly different) with a white top and Gucci flats similar to the ones pictured.  By packing neutrals and one or two stand out pieces it is very easy to achieve any look without having to pack your entire closet!

I'll be posting my weekend looks.  Stay tuned!

Traveling essentials



Aso
$33 - asos.com


A L C long sleeve sweater
satineboutique.com




Carven wide leg pants
modaoperandi.com


Rag bone
amrag.com



Christian louboutin
christianlouboutin.com


Gucci sandals
$600 - profilefashion.com


Diamond earring
1stdibs.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014