Friday, July 6, 2012

DIY: Reach for the stars

Friday, July 6, 2012


I love Current/Elliot Jeans.  For the last few months I've been lusting over The White Star Stiletto jean.  I decided to purchase them a few weeks ago but I reconsidered.  I don't know how much use I'll get out of them to be honest.  It's been so hot lately and the last thing I want to wear are jeans.  So I decided to make my own.  Yessss finally a DIY project I can post.  I even made the stencils! I rummaged through my closet and found a pair of jeans that resemble the fit and the wash of the inspiration jeans.  I printed a paper star from the internet, traced it over cardboard several times then cut out the shapes.  BAM! Stencils.  I took a spray bottle and filled it with 3/4 water and 1/4 bleach.  Then I placed the stencils over the jeans and sprayed the area.  I sprayed the front and the back.  I let the jeans air dry for 15 minutes then washed and dried them.  What do you guys think?  I think I'll wear them tomorrow!

                                                                
                                                   The Inspiration: Current/Elliott White Star Jeans

                    
                      
 Before Front and Back

 
Materials


Final Product!





Current/Elliott


  

2 comments:

  1. I love this! It's so cute! :)

    Nietzu
    nietzu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx! I just saw your comment. Super easy to make too. Thx for checking out my blog. :) www.almaknack.blogspot.com

      Delete

AlmaKnack © 2014