Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Baby makes three

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

We welcomed our beautiful, healthy baby boy on March 6, 2014 at 6:57 PM. He weighed 6 lbs 7 oz and was 48 cm long. 

It all started Monday night and by Tuesday morning my contractions were 5 minutes apart but upon arrival to the hospital and observation I was only 1.5 cm dilated and though my contractions were 2-3 minutes apart and I was in a lot of pain back home I went.  60 hours later . . . a baby! A healthy baby boy.  I arrived at my ob-gyn's office at 10:30 Thursday morning and I was 4 cm dilated.  She sent me to the hospital and I had the epidural administered at around 1 PM by 5 PM I was pushing.  Everything was very peaceful.  My husband, my mom, a nurse and my doctor were the only ones there.  Nothing like the movies.  I ended up having a forcep delivery because I could not push him out and after pushing for a little bit his heart rate would drop so it was forceps or a C-section, we went for the forceps and if that did not work then we would have to have the C-section.  Thankfully everything went well and I am recovering nicely at home.  We are so very happy and excited for our baby.  Words cannot express the love that I feel for this little man.  We feel truly blessed and we are very thankful.  

I packed two going home outfits, a dress in case of warm weather and this.  It was 66 degrees out so not cold but a little chilly.  I opted for a J. Crew angora sweater, similar here, printed silk pants, similar here and Gucci thong sandals, similar here.  


We were discharged on Saturday and when we arrived home we had a mini welcome home celebration and flowers and gifts waiting.  Thank you very much to everyone for the warm wishes, we are thankful to have you in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AlmaKnack © 2014